Thursday 20 October 2011

Cafe Green Tea


Today I had a chance to have lunch at Café Green Tea which is a small café located in a mini supermarket in J-Town in Markham.  This small café has about 10 tables and serves mostly rice and noodles.  Should people want bento boxes or sushi and sashimi it is located on the other side of the mini supermarket. 

I decided to order a curry chicken on rice while my wife ordered a shrimp tempura U-don noodle.  The food was made within 7 minutes from ordering and a lady brought the food out to your table. 

The curry was good although for a truly curry lover who is looking for a very spicy curry, this may be not the best place for one to go to.  The curry was only slightly spicy and in fact a little sweet tasting.  The chicken was breaded nicely and not too fattening. The dish was $6.98, drink not included. 

Shrimp Tempura U-Don Noodle

Curry Chicken on Rice

My wife’s U-don also arrived within 10 minutes from ordering.  It looked good and according to my wife it tasted pretty good.  The only question I have with this dish was is it wise to have a shrimp tempura inside the noodle bowl?  Although the tempura was nicely done, by placing it inside the noodle bowl, it made the tempura soggy.  In my mind it defeated the purpose of having a tempura in the first place as the “crunchiness” of the tempura is eliminated by placing it in the soup. Hmmm.... This noodle was also less than 10 dollars.

All in all, it was a decent place to have lunch. I have to admit I wasn’t really too full after eating my dish.  As tasty as it was, a tad more chicken or rice would have been preferred.  The dish was big but the rice and chicken only filled half the plate.  There is plenty of free parking out front and lots of space to bring a stroller in if one needed to. The only suggestion I would have is don’t have high expectations when going here.  Good for a quick lunch and that’s about it.  For it I give a 3.5 out of 5. 

Café Green Tea
3160 Steeles Avenue East #12
Markham Ontario

905 470 0758 

No comments:

Post a Comment