Wednesday 3 August 2011

Vertige

Continuing with our out of town theme, we headed out for the second night in a row to a Montreal cuisine that served French and Italian cuisine.  We were in the mood for foie gras and we were told that in a certain part of Montreal, there were a few good restaurants that served them.  Tonight the little one, my wife and I went out to    .  Although it was 9:00 p.m., there was a small line up still waiting to get in.

Chilled Tomato Soup
We got in rather quickly and gave us a cushion seat since they did not have any high chairs in the restaurant.  We were told that the foie gras in any of the restaurants in this area were excellent.  

After we placed our order, we were served complimentary bread and cold tomato soup.  Although it was a little surprising to be served chilled tomato soup, it certainly was a very good tomato juice.  There was a bit of celery taste in the soup and a tiny bit salty but it may an excellent appetizer. 

Foie Gras with Filet Mignon
Scallops
Next arrived our entrees.  My wife ordered the scallops and foie gras dish.  The scallops were very tasty and well tendered while the foie gras literally melted in our mouths.  It was very, very good.  I order the filet mignon with foie gras.  What was different between my dish and my wife’s was that hers came in two separate plates while my foie gras was on top of the filet mignon.  I can tell you that this was one A1 foie gras.  If you looked at what we ordered, it certainly did not seem like a lot of food but both of us were full after these meals.  We were so full that we even passed on dinner.  

Foie Gras

 The total price for dinner was approximately 80 dollars.  To me that was quite a fair price for the food we ate.  There was only side parking at the restaurant however we had hailed a cab to get there.   It was quite a beautiful night and the food was absolutely beautiful.  I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling in the Montreal area.  I give this restaurant a perfect 5 out of 5.

Vertige
540 Avenue Duluth Est
Montreal, QC H2L 1B3
(514) 842-4443
 

No comments:

Post a Comment