Tuesday 23 August 2011

Applebee's


Part two of our special deal in Niagara Falls allowed us to have breakfast at Applebee’s.  This restaurant is located in the same building as the Day’s Inn and right beside Remington’s Restaurant. 

After a long night out on the town, we were quite hungry and were looking for a hearty breakfast.  We finally got up close to 10:30 a.m. and got to the restaurant around 11:30 a.m.  The restaurant was near empty as there were only 2 other tables occupied.  Having ate at other Applebee’s for lunch and dinner and having a good time, we figured the breakfast menu was about the same. 

My wife quickly ordered the hearty combo which included 2 sunny side eggs, sausages, hashbrowns and bacon.  I order the pancake combo which included 3 pieces of strawberry pancakes and 4 slices of bacon.

The meals surprisingly took about 20 minutes.  A gentlemen behind us who had arrived in before us was really starting to yell out loud as to where his food was.  Seeing that there were only 3 tables full, it was hard to imagine what was taking so long.  

Pancakes and bacon combo
Eggs, Hashbrown and Bacon Combo
The food finally arrived.  My “strawberry” pancakes were actually plain pancakes with strawberry sauce on the side for one to pour on.  I poured the maple syrup and the strawberry sauce on top of the pancakes.  The pancakes were very “flaky”.  It actually broke apart with every slice I took into the pancake.  It was not hot and it didn’t look like it was well cooked.  I only ate two of the three pieces.  The bacon oddly enough was better.  The pieces were not fat and were nicely done. 

My wife’s combination breakfast meal was huge.  Unfortunately for whatever reason there was quite a funny taste to it all.  The sausage was difficult to eat as even I was not too sure if it was chicken or pork.  The eggs despite being eggs were not tasty at all according to my wife.  The hashbrowns were a tiny bit better but it was very odd how such a simple breakfast meal could be so difficult to consume. 

In the end it was certainly not what we were hoping for.  Actually by mid afternoon, I have never felt so bloated in my life.  My wife attributed that it could have been the half cooked pancakes.  Whatever it was it certainly did not make me feel very good.  I have to admit I was very disappointed considering the restaurant’s reputation and past meals I have had there before where the food was A1.  Today it was simply just not good at all…especially if the bacon was the best thing on the plate.  I have no choice but to give this a 1.25 out of 5. 

Applebee's
6546 Fallsview Ave.
Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3W2
(905) 356-6965

No comments:

Post a Comment