Tuesday 16 August 2011

Ajisen Noodle

Today I had a chance to chance to have lunch out a popular ramen place in Markham.  Famous for their tasty noodles and the fact that I haven't eaten in there for quite some time I decided to venture into the popular restaurant.  When we got there, the place was pretty full.  On the left hand side are many newspaper articles that have interviewed the owners over the many years. 

We left the little one at home for this occasion.  Space is quite tight in this place and bringing a stroller who not be recommended.  We did however see a kid with crutches go through the aisle with little difficulty.


RIb Tenppanyaki Ramen
I decided to try rib tenppanyaki ramen while my wife picked out the rib tendonous ramen. Oddly, ten minutes after we first ordered, the steak came in this sizzling platter and was left on our table.  The steak continued to sizzle while I waited another few minutes for my noodles.  Both my wife agreed that this was kind of strange only because I wanted to eat the steak with the noodles and not separately.  As well, because of the time difference by the time the noodles arrived, the steak was actually pretty well done.  The noodles itself and the soup base were very good.  A touch on the salty side but it complimented the noodles very well.

Tenderous Ribs Ramen
I tried the beef tenderous ramen as well.  I have to admit that my wife's noodles were much better than mine.  The beef was soft, and very very tasty.  Not to say the steak wasn't very tasty because it was, however one did not have to chew extra hard just to swallow the meat.  She also sprinkled some spices on the noodles which also brought out some more flavor in the noodles.  Overall I would have to say that her dish was by far much more tastier than mine. 




Grilled Steak/Rib
Otherwise it was a great restaurant with plenty of free parking available.  This place is always hustling and bustling.  They open late to accommodate late night snackers and the meals were reasonably priced at approximately under 20 dollars for the 2 bowls of noodles.  If the meat wasn't so chewy and over cooked I probably would have scored this a perfect five but as it stands, I give it a 4.25 out of 5.

Ajisen Noodle
2010 Warden Avenue Unit 21-22
Markham Ontario
905-470-6318

No comments:

Post a Comment