Friday 9 March 2012

Turtle Jack's


Today I had a chance to have lunch with a friend over at Turtle Jacks up in the Richmond Hill area.  It serves many of your traditional bar food but it boasts that alltheir foods are perfectly seared in some of their best original sauces. 

I decided to go with the Ribs and Wings this afternoon.  I was thinking of the some fish or even some of the pastas but I thought I would go with a more meaty dish at the advice of the waitress. 

I wanted the wings done mild and their ribs to be done in their original Turtle Jack Sauce.  The dish at $22.99 also comes with 2 sides of your choosing.  I chose the soup of the day which today was Italian Wedding soup.  I also order fries as I was told that the fries are sprinkled with special spices to give it a unique taste. 

Rib and Wings
There were about 6 bones to the mini rack of ribs.  I have to admit the sauce was amazing.    The meat just fell off the bone and each piece of meat was quite juicy.  The wings were just as good.  The mild sauce was exactly as advertised. It was hardly spicy at all but it had a great BBQ taste to it.  The Italian wedding soup tasted very similar to Campbell’s version of its Italian soup.  Right to the noodles and to the meatballs, it would not surprise me if that was indeed where it came from.  The taste was almost exactly the same and if I was to guess, I would say it was from Campbell’s.  The fries were sprinkled with a bit of what appeared to be an onion/salt spice. It gave the fries a bit of an extra zing to them. 

Overall, it was a great place to be.  The place was packed for lunch on a weekday which only goes to show hot popular this place is.  With a long island ice tea to go with the meal, it certainly made this a very satisfying meal.  The food and service was great.  Overall I give this place a 4.5 out of 5. 

Turtle Jack’s
10 Vogell Road
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 3K4
Tel: 905-770-1729

No comments:

Post a Comment