Sunday 18 March 2012

Navigator of the Seas - Day 1


I went on a cruise to beautiful Florida, Cayman Islands and Mexico this past week to catch some sun and grab some delicious food.  For this week, I will just do a quick run down of the foods we ate while on the Navigator of the Seas.  While I was away my site eclipsed the 5000 hit mark.  Thank you everyone for reading and supporting my blog.

On the first day, we were introduced to a 3 course meal.  All our meals were of that type however with time, you will see we were allowed to order multiple meals and almost turn it into a 5-6 course meal. 

For those who have never cruised, this ship and the Mariners of the Seas are sister ships and their menus are identical.  I had the pleasure to sit on the latter a few years ago so I was already familiar with their menu. 

On the first night I decided to go with a Chilled Watermelon Gazpacho and a Vidalia Onion Tart to start and, a Filet of Atlantic Cod.  The watermelon soup arrived first and it was very delicious.  This dish was both salty and sweet which provided a nice contrast.  There were also diced celery and cucumbers in the soup which made it extra delicious.  

Chilled Watermelon Gazpacho
The onion tart was okay.  It was a little “cheesy” to my liking.  It’s sautéed with red peppers however the combination of cheese and onions was a tad thick for my liking.  I was only able to finish half the dish. 
Vidalia Onion Tart
 The entrée was my filet of Atlantic Cod.  The fish was beautifully filet and it tasted wonderful.  It was very fresh and one can definitely taste the sweetness of the fish.  I thoroughly enjoyed this dish as it was very “pure” tasting.  The fish was mixed with fried onions and melted butter and combined with some vegetables.  It was definitely a complete meal. 
Filet of Atlantic Cod
Overall the soup and fish were amazing!! The onion tart could have been better.  With this combination I give the first meal’s night a 4 out of 5.  Tomorrow’s blog, day 2 on the seas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment