Tuesday 18 November 2014

Cha Me Cha

A newer Hong Kong Tea Restaurant had opened up recently in Markham and because of its proximity to a TNT supermarket, we decided to give it a try after visiting the supermarket.  We chose a Saturday afternoon to visit the place for lunch as we had just finished shopping and thought it was a great time to give this place a try.  A once around the place showed the restaurant was nicely decorated throughout the interior.  There were plenty of tables and booths all around where about three-quarters of them were occupied and had many hungry patrons eating there. 

I quickly scanned the menu and decided that I was going to go with their Curry Chicken with Rice. ($9.99).  I also order an Apple Green Tea ($4.49) as no drink came with the meal.  Since their menu also came with a kid's meal, we decided to order a Sausage and Minced Pork Kids Meal ($4.99)

The Sausage and Minced Pork Kids Meal came rather quickly.  The guys at the restaurant even made it appealing for the kids by placing the food inside a bowl that resembled a car.  There was one hard boiled eggs, 6-8 pieces of sliced sausages, sliced cucumbers, a bowl of egg custard and a rather large amount of white rice buried under the sausage.  For a kids meal, I have to admit that there was certainly a huge amount of food in the bowl.  So much so, my little one could only finish half of it.  There wasn't really anything wrong with the meal itself as everything tasted satisfactory but the quantity of food for a little one was just a bit overwhelming.  My only recommendation would be to serve maybe half the amount of rice and cut the pork and sausage quantity by a half as well.  No one will ever complain for the amount of food they got for the price, but if the food is not taken home, then unfortunately much of it will go to waste.

Sausage and Minced Pork Kids Mea
I went with the Curry Chicken with Rice and it took a long time for it to arrive.  I was a little surprised at the length of time since it was largely promoted on one of their menus.  The curry chicken did take about 28 minutes to arrive from the time that I had ordered it which for a Hong Kong Tea restaurant would be an extraordinary amount of time.  When it did arrive, everything seemed like it had its own "section".  The curry chicken was inside its own bowl,  the rice was on the other side,  the corn mixed with peas and carrots were on the left and there was a hard boiled egg on the final quarter panel. The curry itself was a tiny bit spicy and had a strong aroma of curry.  I would have to almost lean on it being a Japanese style curry as that was what it had closely resembled itself as.  There were about three to four pieces of chicken, three large pieces of carrots and one large piece of potato inside the bowl of curry.  The whole meal was delicious and filing since there was a rather large quantity of food on the plate.  As for the drink, the Green Apple Tea was equally good however I could see how the price might scare off some people in ordering it.

Curry Chicken and Rice
Overall, I thought the meal was decent.  There were no lineups which was good as sometimes when one is hungry, the last thing one wants to see as they approach a restaurant, especially a HK Tea restaurant is a huge lineup outside the door.  I wasn't really too sure as to why my lunch took so long to arrive.  My wife actually had to ask a waitress to follow up on it.  One thing I noticed was that there were a long of young adults in the restaurant which was a good sign.  I also noticed that in some places they had outlets where people could actually plug in their laptops and eat and work at the same time.  I like the place and I certainly would not hesitate in going again.  Overall I give it a 4 out of 5.

Cha Me Cha
8333 Kennedy Road Unit 1078
Markham, Ontario

905-470-8836

No comments:

Post a Comment