Sunday 31 March 2013

Gal's Sushi

Normally I don't do take outs for my blog but I am willing to make one small exception this time.  We have been ordering take out from this place almost on a monthly basis because the sushi and sashimi is just that good so I thought it was worth while for others to try it if they had not done so yet.

Gal's Sushi is located on the southwest corner of Warden Ave and Highway 7 in the Markham area.  These guys also have a dynamic website at www.galsushi.com should one want to look at their menu.  There were five of us and we went with the TBC3.SIL Combo and the TD2 Unagi Donburi special.

The TBC3 is just a code that they use.  The SIL combo is more or less their sushi and sashimi combo.  The fish that they served included uni, hamachi, toro, salmon, spicy scallop, rainbow and dynamic rolls.  My personal favorite was lobster salad and spicy scallop sushi.The lobster salad was quite good as the goods sat subtly on top of the sushi.  The "topping" was just a tad bit watery but the taste was definitely there.  When one eats it, one gets a sense of richness and enjoyment.  The rice in the sushi was also pretty fresh and not mushy.  The spicy scallop was quite enjoyable as well as it was spicy and the scallop was very fresh and tasty.  The sushi actually felt like it was melting in my mouth as I was eating.  The fact that they also use hamachi and toro makes this a worth while platter to get.



The Unagi Donburi was also very very good.  For $11.99, one gets a good bowl of rice, five pieces of eel, some potatoes and some jelly.  Value wise I think this pretty good because one gets two to three more pieces of fish compared their competitors and their sweet and sours potato extras are delicious and quite filling.  (I was unable to snap a picture prior to consumption)

Overall, this is a very good place to order out or perhaps to eat in.  Some of my friends who have eaten in at this place says this place is definitely very very good.  I certainly can second that.  I would recommend Gal's Sushi to anyone who is a huge fan of sushi and sashimi.  Overall I would give it a 4.5 out of 5.

Gal's Sushi
3621 Hwy 7
Markham, ON
905-305-7753

No comments:

Post a Comment