Thursday 27 September 2012

George

Tonight I had a chance to go to George which is a high class restaurant located in downtown Toronto.  We were given a special menu to choose in which we were allowed one appetizer, 2 entrees and 1 desert.  We got there around 6pm and they gave us bread and wine to keep our stomachs filled before the main course was to arrive.
George Salad

Quail Breast White Lasagna Candied Garlic
Tonight I decided to go with their signature George Salad, Sea Scallops Pea Pastina and Cantonese Relish, Pacific Halibut Lobster Sofrito and Smoke Apricot and Roobios Brulee Ginger Cookies and Pomegranate for desert.  I will also be showing pictures of the other food on the menu however I did not taste the other menu's food. 


Sea Scallops Pea Pastina and Cantonese Relish

Pacific Halibut Lobster Sofrito and Smoke Apricot
The George Salad arrived first and it was amazing.  It contained a perfectly made vinegarette, an avalcado, and quinoa.  The vegetable leaves were mostly escarole.  This salad was very very good.  The vinegarette covered some of the bitterness of the escarole leaves.  It was absolutely delicious. 

Veal Tenderloin, Tomato Tempura Goat Cheese
Next to arrive was the scallops. The two pieces of scallops were perfectly made and acted as "support beams" on top of what appeared to be cole slaw or cantonese relish.  On the bottom "flowed" the pea pastina.  This entire dish when eaten together was so delicious I actually almost asked for seconds.  The entire meal was so rich and tasty I must admit it was one of the best tasting scallops I have ever tasted.  I would highly recommend this to anyone who is stopping by and wondering what to order for the night. 

Coconut Cherry Pie, Cherry Tempura Red Currant Relish
The other entree was the halibut. It was mixed with lobster sofrito sauce which was not overly creamy and not overly fat.  The halibut was so soft that it almost melted in my mouth,.  What a wonderful combination.  The entire meal was juicy and light.  It seemed small in portions but when I was finished I was absolutely full...and there was still desert to go!!

The desert was amazing.  The roobions brulee was basically a creme brulee but mixed with ginger cookie and pomegranate it was absolutely a perfect desert to end the evening.  
Roobios Brulee Ginger Cookies and Pomegranate

I have to admit this was one of the best restaurants I have been to.  I probably have passed by the area a hundred times and never knew such a wonderful restaurant had existed.  Kudos go to Executive Chef Lorenzo Loseto and Sous Chef Mark Simpson.  No doubt one of the best.  Forget the price because although it was probably more than your average meal, it was all worth the money.  Tonight I give it a 5 out of 5!

George
111 Queen Street East
Toronto Ontario

416 863 6006

No comments:

Post a Comment