Tuesday 25 September 2012

Artisano Bakery Cafe

The other day we decided to stop by Artisano Bakery which is located in North York along the south west side of York Mills and Don Mills Rd.  This place is located inside a somewhat newer mall which also has a Korean supermarket in the back and multiple restaurants throughout the entire plaza.  The place has plenty of parking along the sides, in the back and indoors as well.

I was there to sit and chat and meet up with some old friends of mine.  Inside there were some high tables, low tables, couches and a television for people just to put their feet up and relax.  Their menu consisted of coffee, cakes, pastas, sandwiches and salads.  

Chicken Caesar Salad
Although most of us had lunch already that day, I was in the mood for a light meal to munch on.  Scanning their menu, they actually had a good mixture of meals to munch on.  I decided to go with a chicken caesar salad that day as I thought it was just the perfect light meal to have on a mid Sunday afternoon.

After placing our order, they gave us a puck so we could go back to our tables and wait.  After about ten minutes, our food was ready.  The chicken was cut up in rectangular blocks and some mild black pepper seasoning was added to them.  The caesar salad was a typical salad.  It wasn't overly creamy and had plenty of crutons in it as well.  For those who are health conscious, I think this salad would be good for them because one can tell that the salad dressing they used was not the fattening type. We were there for three hours and nobody kicked us out.  It is pretty relaxing atmosphere in there and it's a place I wouldn't mind visiting again to check out some of the other foods they have on their menu.  The only gripe I would have was that the chicken ceasar salad was amost ten bucks which to me was a tad high but then again I did sit in their restaurant for 3 hours so I guess it is justifiable.  Overall I would give my experience a 4 out of 5.

Artisano Bakery Cafe
865 York Mills Road
North York Ontario

647-352-1555

No comments:

Post a Comment