Friday 1 April 2016

Moji Japanese Eatery

A small Japanese noodle house located in centre of Markham offers some of the best noodles that one could find in that city.  Moji Japanese Eatery is a restaurant that had opened recently. Its clean and friendly staff made it extra easy for people to sit and have a relaxing time and with photos of their food popping up online looking marvelous, it sure was a no-brainer for one to come and check out this establishment. We got their on a weekend afternoon and the place was half full.  We had gotten a seat right away which was great as we were all quite famished for the day.  Their menu again looked quite appetizing so after scanning the entire menu, he four of us all decided to order something a little different.

Mixed Fruit Ginger Tea
I wasn't feeling too well that afternoon, had lost my voice and was fighting a cold and I was hard pressed to find any good ginger teas in the neighborhood but as luck would have it, Moji's actually had one on their menu.  Normally I don't talk about the teas but this one was exceptionally good.  With steam pouring off the top, this mixed fruit ginger tea was hit all the right spots.  It was not overly sweet and had plenty of ginger extract in it.  The cup was no small cup either so certainly well worth the money one is paying. 


Avocado Don
The Avocado Don was a dish that we had ordered for my daughter.  She loves avocadoes and crab meat so this dish was perfect for her.  Presentation wise it looked like a piece of art.  There were plenty of crab meat and the avocado was yellow and green with not a hint of blackness in it indicating that it was freshly cut and served.  There was again plenty of rice underneath all those ingredients and it was so yummy that my daughter actually finished the entire bowl herself.  For those who are not interested in rice noodles and would like a refreshing rice and salad, I think this bowl would certainly do the trick. 


Unagi Don
I could best describe this item as this was my main dish for the day and it was absolutely tasty and delicious.  The eel was beautifully done with the perfect texture and seasoning and with fresh seaweed, beans melons, ginger and eggs, this dish was an absolute delight to have.  The eel was not mushy or stale and one could tell it was quite fresh when it was served.  There were plenty of rice along the bottom and the bowl, even though it is difficult to see from the photos, was rather large.  I would highly recommend this dish to anyone who loves Unagi Don as this one in my mind was made to perfection. 


Gyu Donburi
I didn't really get a chance to taste this dish but I did have a taste of the soup base and it tingled on the right senses when I had it.  It was seasoned perfectly and according to my friend, the beef was very thinly sliced and it too tasted as advertised. 


Seafood Tempura Donburi
My wife ordered the Seafood Tempura Donburi and pretty much gave it a thumbs on this dish.  The soup base could have been a touch more seasoned as it was slightly bland but otherwise she was happy with her order.  The shrimp tempura was crispy and hot when served and the shrimp was not soggy and mushy indicating that it too was pretty fresh.  There was also some squid inside her bowl of noodle soup, about a half dozen pieces or so.  The squid was tender and with some corn, eggs, beans and mushrooms it was a near perfect dish for her to have.  

Overall, everything tasted amazing.  I was able to take a sample of each of the items that were ordered and I can tell you that everything was fresh and tasty and the soup bases were spot on where it was not too salty or loaded with MSG.  I would definitely come back again although parking could be crazy there on the weekends however if you get a chance to go visit New Kennedy Square at Highway 7 and Kennedy Road be sure to pay a visit to Moji Japanese Eatery.  I am sure you would not be disappointed.  Overall I give it a 4.5 out of 5.


Moji Japanese Eatery
8362 Kennedy Road
Markham, Ontario

905-479-6654

No comments:

Post a Comment