Thursday 11 December 2014

Firefly Seafood & Steak House

Tucked in the corner of First Markham Place is a well known restaurant known as Fire Fly Seafood and Steak House.  When one hears about the name, one thinks that it will cost one an arm and a leg in order to eat there.  That however is far from it.  The restaurant is quite affordable, very tasty and each plate is filled to the top.

A friend and I went to go visit the place a few weeks ago for afternoon lunch.  I personally have been there many times before but have never had a chance to talk about it.  I especially like their menu because one can get anything from a $5 dollar noodle to $30 dollar lobsters.  Since it was lunch I decided to go with something lighter and went with their Pork Chop in Onion Sauce ($7.49) while my friend went with the Parmesan Pork Neck ($8.99).  Both items were located on their one page laminated lunch menu.
Pork Chop in Onion Sauce
Both meals took about 15 minutes to arrive and both of them arrived at the same time.  The plates were blazing hot as were both meals.  My meal was rather large in the sense that I was given two large pieces of pork chops, a good spoonful of corn and roughly about a bowl and a half of rice.  There was a large quantity of onion sauce as well that covered the entire plate of food.  The pork chops were nicely cooked and seasoned with black pepper.  The meat itself was not lean but not overly fat either.  Overall the meal was absolutely what I wanted and with a dollar more, I had a nice cold ice tea to go with my meal.

I really don't have any complaints about this place.  Every time I go there, there is a table ready for me.  The place is pretty big and has about thirty tables or so to accommodate all their guests.  There was plenty of staff on hand and they know how to treat their customers right.  Their food comes out fast so that we're not left sitting there for long periods wondering if our food will ever arrive.  Completely satisfy with everything. Overall I give it a 4 out of 5.


Fire Fly Seafood and Steak House

3229 Highway 7 East, Markham, ON L3R 3P3
(905) 479-6188

No comments:

Post a Comment