Wednesday 19 February 2014

Milestone Grill and Bar Restaurant - Markham

Normally I won’t blog about the same company restaurant twice however I thought I felt I needed to since I finally had a chance to chow down on a fish and chips special that was being offered by this one particular restaurant.  I finally found a Milestones Restaurant, which was featured here in this column not that long ago, that had their brand new Crispy Haddock and Frites order.  For some if you may recall, it was not offered at the Yonge Street location in North York due to a lack of inventory.  Interestingly enough, we were invited to a luncheon at the Milestones up in Markham a few weeks ago and it was there that I was able to order the Crispy Haddock and Frites that I had wanted to try out. 

Sometimes when you want something so much, you have this sense of anticipation and in some cases higher expectations for that particular item.  When we went into the Milestones up in Markham a few weeks ago, I knew right away what I wanted.  There were about the ten of us and we were able to place our orders within 20 minutes of arriving there.  Many of us were pretty hungry and many of us actually had young ones amongst us as well.  We were expecting the lunch meals to come flying out of the kitchen since the restaurant was only one quarter full.  What ended up happening was that it ended up taking a full 45 minutes for all of our meals to arrive.  So from the time we sat down till the first meal to arrive, it took over an hour for the food to be placed on our table.  We were very hungry, the kids were getting cranky, and worse of all there was no bread offered to us until we actually had to ask for it. Our server oddly enough was also no where to be found.  I actually couldn’t believe how long it took for the lunch meals to arrive.  Most of the meals ordered were of the burgers and salad types yet to take so long with no appetizers or something to chew on while we waited I thought was just a little unacceptable. 
Crispy Haddock and Frites
As for the Crispy Haddock and Frites, it was actually just average at best.  It was a little chewy, completely tasteless and the batter had gotten a little cold.  If you ever had anything battered before, having them cold is probably one of the worse ways of eating it.  The fish appeared to have been slightly over fried as well which did not help.  The rustic cut red fries were placed in a newspaper like wrapper and were acceptable and there were some potatoes placed underneath the fries.  Small bowls of tartar sauce and ketchup were also placed on the plate. 

Overall I was quite disappointed in the whole service and with the meal itself.  It is possible that when one is looking forward to a good meal, that one has higher expectations but to me the wait time plus the meal itself and the lack of service was just not satisfactory enough for me.  I have been to many of the Milestone franchises including this one before, but this was probably the worst time ever.  I hope it improves because this is the second time I have been served with bad food and this time bad service too.  Overall I give it a 2 out of 5. 


Milestones
3760 Highway #7 East, Markham, ON L3R 0N2
(905) 305-1915

No comments:

Post a Comment