Thursday 21 February 2013

Fish Soup Supreme

The other night my wife and I decided to have a quick dinner over at the new Fish Soup Supreme Restaurant located in north Scarborough.  This place is fairly new and had taken over the location formerly known as Amigo Restaurant. 


Pig's Tongue
When we went in, the overall decor was quite nice.  The place smelled a little "fishy" and had fish hanging from the ceiling but seeing that this was after all the Fish Soup Supreme that one would presume that it was suitable. 

Looking at their menu, one can either order noodles, have hot pot or try a variety of their appetizers.  If one was to go with their noodles, you get to choose from one of two choices of soup, the types of noodles you want and 2 sides out of 20.  If you want extra sides, you would have to pay an extra dollar for each side that you choose. 

Udon and Meat Noodle Soup
I went with a udon noodle with a fish soup base and pork and beef meat.  As well, we ordered a side order of pig's tongue.  The pig's tongue was nicely marinated.  The sauce they use appeared to be the same sauce that they use for chicken feet during dim sum.  The dish was served slightly cold yet it was still quite tasty.  When my noodle soup arrived, I noticed they had also put some crab meat and vegetables in my bowl.  The fish soup was quite concentrated and fishy tasting but it was very very good.  The udon noodles were perfectly cooked and the meat was already cooked when I got my bowl.  The meat was a little thick and that having slightly thinner meat would have been a preferred choice. 

Overall the meal was nice and hot and it was great on a cold wintry night.  The staff was very good to us.  The entire bowl of noodles was $7.95 which I thought was reasonable.  I will come back in the future to this place.  Overall I give this place a 4.5 out of 5. 

Fish Soup Supreme
633 Silver Star Blvd
Scarborough Ontario
 
(416) 609-2888

No comments:

Post a Comment