Tuesday 3 July 2012

New Regime Restaurant


So this past weekend we decided to scour the Scarborough area to see which restaurant we hadn’t been to in quite some time.  We stumbled upon this place called New Regime Restaurant which I swear to you was named something else back in the days.  Although they serve a variety of fresh seafood including lobster and crab, they also have personal meals which one can enjoy. 

I went with the Pork Chop Tomato Sauce In Rice.  I decided to go safe and easy although I did notice a couple of tables with lobster rice for brunch. 


Pork Chop Rice in Tomato Sauce
It arrived within 15 minutes and it came in hot!!!.  The plates were steaming so I assume that they were taken straight from the oven.  Appearance wise, the outsides of the tomato sauce was slightly seared.  When I started mixing the rice with the sauce, some of it I could tell was that bottom of the barrel type rice where you need to “scrape” the bottom to get to it.  However, if you like “crunchy” rice, then one can not complain at all.  As for the whole meal, the pork chop was nicely baked.  It was not over done to the point where it was extremely chewy.  The tomato sauce was very good.  The combination of the crunchy rice and the tasty tomato sauce and pork chop made quite an impression.  Whether this was done on purpose or accidentally I do not know but the contrast in texture and the overall taste of it was definitely something worthwhile. 

With a nice cold ice tea to wash the food down, it certainly was a pleasant surprise to have.  I hadn’t been here in 2 years and I know that the previous owners were no longer there, however the new folks certainly know how to cook up a good meal.  No disappointments here.  I give this place a 3.75 out of 5. 

New Regime Restaurant
19 Milliken Blvd
Scarborough , Ontario

416-298-0818

No comments:

Post a Comment