Saturday 14 April 2012

Dragon Dynasty Chinese Cuisine

The other morning we went over to Dragon Dynasty Chinese Cuisine to have early morning dim sum.  I have to this place numerous times as it is one of my favorite dim sum places to eat.  We got there about 10:30 in the morning yet the place was only half full, but believe me when I say that this place can fill up rather quickly. 

With the ladies pushing the food cart sensing our arrival, they promptly came over to let us know what they had to offer.  Again like my previous blogs, I rather not focus on everything we ate for dim sum as that can be long and drawn out.  Instead I will focus on the good and the bad. 
Shrimp Dumplings
Egg Tart
BBQ Pork Buns
To start off the food I like the most here in this restaurant are their barbeque pork buns, the fried turnips and “sa geun” chicken feet.  The first two I eat all the time here as they are my all time favorites here.  The latter I for whatever reason had the discovered for the first time here.  The barbeque pork buns ( not the white buns) are glazed with sweet honey on top. They are always served hot and are usually brought out as a specialty dish by the manager.  I usually eat 4 of these buns on my own.  The sweet tasting top mixed with great BBQ in the middle makes this a must try for anyone who has never one of these buns before.  The fried turnips are also pretty good here.  They are nicely fried and often you don’t have any “unfried” strands of turnip in them.  I have been to places where one wonders why the turnips are not properly cooked or if that is just the way it is.  There are small pieces of pork in them and with a bit of hot sauce added these turnips are one of the best I have ever tasted. 

Chicken Feet
Sweet Tofu Dessert
The chicken feet I know are not everyone’s cup of tea simply because well they are “chicken feet” but with a ginger paste style chicken feet, this meal I found exceptionally well done.  I have eaten many times chicken with the ginger paste however for whatever reasons this was the first time I had it with chicken feet and surprisingly it was not bad at all.  One should give it a try if one is not too squeamish on this type of stuff. 

As for any bad food here, I honestly have to say I really don’t know if there are any bad dim sums here.  I have been here numerous times and each time I have left here quite happy with all the food that I eat here.  Reasonably priced and plenty of free parking one usually needs to get there just before eleven to get seats.  Otherwise be prepared to stand and wait for about 15 minutes.  I would say it’s definitely a good place to go and their dinner menus are not bad as well.  For this place, I give it a 4 out of 5. 

Dragon Dynasty Chinese Cuisine
2301 Brimley Rd
Scarborough, ON M1S 5B8
(416) 321-9000

No comments:

Post a Comment