Tuesday 7 February 2012

Pho Metro


Tonight we went out for dinner at Pho Metro which is a somewhat new Vietnamese pho noodle restaurant that opened in the heart of Scarborough.  This restaurant pretty much has all the typical Vietnamese type foods however I was in the strong mood for some rice noodles so since we had never been here before and it was a restaurant that one of my readers had strongly recommended from before, we decided to venture into this restaurant for the very first time. 

There was plenty of parking out front and what intrigue me the most was that they had a giant size television broadcasting the Leafs game.  Tonight, I ordered the rice noodles with tripe, raw beef and tendons. 
 
Pho with raw beef, tendon and tripe
My wife’s noodles and mine both arrived at the same time and both within 7 minutes.  (sorry for the blurred picture) The soup base was pretty tasty.  It was a tiny bit salty but the green onion soup was within limits.  Adding a bit of hot and oyster sauce it gave it that little bit of extra zing to it.  The rice noodles were fully cooked and quite smooth.  The meat for some reason was a little chewy.  I know one will ask were the meats not raw?  Maybe I had placed them in the soup for too long?  Possible, however the meat was all stuck together, possibly frozen together, which may or may have not contributed to the toughness. 

I know I could have ordered more but with just the two of us we both wanted something warm and quick.  Next time we will definitely try the spring rolls.  I heard that they were pretty good here.  It was an alright first experience.  Not too sure about the meat however.  The price was reasonable.  17 dollars tax and tip included for 2 medium size bowls of pho.  For tonight I give Pho Metro a 3.25 out of 5. 


Pho Metro
2057 Lawrence Ave E
Scarborough, ON M1R 2Z4
(416) 750-8898

No comments:

Post a Comment